If you are a .Net Programmer, you might have used the Word + Tab Tab key combination or Insert Snippet (Ctrl-K + Ctrl-X shortcut key) option from context menu right click from Visual Studio IDE to insert code snippets.
Code Snippet in Visual studio enables you to insert piece of skeleton code at the cursor point in your program by just pressing some keys or by right click context menu. Microsoft visual studio comes with lots of inbuilt code snippets and allows you to add your custom code snippets which you feel will be reusable at multiple places in your project.
Code Snippet Manager In Visual Studio
The Code Snippet Manager available in visual studio manges the code snippets and makes it possible for you to add or import your piece of code to the code snippet libray.
In visual stuio IDE to access the Code Snippet Manger ,
go to Tools > Code Snippet Manager
In the Code Snippet manager window you can see the availability of code snippets in various categories
You can Add,Remove the code snippets from here.
Visual Studio make available code snippets in in various Language/categories like HTML, JScript, SQL,Visual Basic,Visual C#, XML as below.
Add a directory to Code Snippet Manager
- Select the corresponding language category from the drop down list.
- Click the button Add.
- Select the directory that you want to add from the Directory Browser window and click OK.The directory will now be used to search for available code snippets.
Remove a directory from Code Snippet Manager
- Select the directory to remove.
- Click the button Remove .This will remove the directory without even a confirmation .
Import a code snippet into Code Snippet Manager
You can also import the code snippet into the code editor.
- Select the corresponding language category that you want to add from the drop down list.
- Select the existing folder where you want to place the imported code snippet.
- Click the button Import.
- Select the code snippet file that you want to add to the Code Snippets Manager and click OK.
For more details on fast usage of code snippets read the article below link