Many situation you may want to share files and folders with your friend or collegues.Many situations you need to store files and folders securely and need to access from other global locations.Various options are available. But still surprising to see people split the folder, zip and send it over mails.
Skydrive is one of the best options for storage and sharing of files and folders.Currently sky drive allows 7GB free space.
Now.. How can you use skydrive for this purpose. Follow the steps below . .
- Create a hotmail/windows live account,if you don't have already one.
- Login to hotmail/windows live account.
- Click on the menu item SkyDrive in hotmail menu bar.
- Create a new folder by clicking the New Folder Link
- After creating the folder Click on the created folder
- Now,Click Add Files
- Select you files and click OK.Wait for the upload progress bar to finish.
- Now you are ready to go
- Click on the Share Folder link on right side
- Click on Get Link inside the popup dialog
- You have 3 options there to create link for others. View Only , View and Edit and Public.Choose your approproate option carefully.
- Better to shorten the url by clicking on button Shorten
- Once creating the link you can copy the link and share to your trusted people by mail.Also you can share this link in social netwrok sites(careful..).
- Using this shared link others can view your docs.Open the files by simply clicking on them.
Be very careful to set proper permissions while sharing your valuable documents or photos.
Explore various other SkyDrive option yourself.