One more most desired quality of a software engineer is his presentation skill. Presentation is not something like putting some power point slides together and read out in front of the targeted audience.
A presentation will be a real failure if it fails to convey the expected message to the targeted audience.
For Instance, you have to present a project proposal in front of the senior management for approval. You spend days and months to come up with an excellent proposal. The fate/approval of the proposal will be decided in a 10-15 minute presentation in front of the management.
All your effort will simply go in vain due to some improper execution of your presentation plan.Being a software engineer, It is very essential to acquire the knowledge of delivering convincing presentations since at some point of time you definitely need to deliver technical presentations before various audiences.
Now, how it will be possible to present something convincingly? As usual, no shortcut to success. Some hard core preparation extremely mandatory before delivering any sort of presentation.
Preparation for Convincing Presentation
- A thorough understanding of the presentation topic
- Intense preparation
- Understanding of the expected audience
- Crisp and clear presentation slides- well planned slides with required real essential diagrams
- Necessary to have context specific Slide design and layout
- An audience view to identify the potential questions from each slide or from overall presentation so that you can address the questions from the audience instantaneouly.
- A mock presentation before the real presentation can help you lot.
Apart from the above mentioned presentation specific preparations some very essential skills can not be avoided which is a life improvement process. No capsule courses available for these skills.
- Good language proficiency
- Great self confidence and inner courage
- Good determination and enthusiasm
- Courage/Confidence of public speaking, possible only by continuous real practice