6. August 2012 08:34
Microsoft started the release of the .NET Framework from November 2000 as its first beta version and is still continuing improvements and releases almost every year.My effort here is to consolidate the core features of different .NET versions released time to time.Here in this article I start with .NET Framework Version 1.0.
The first official release of .NET framework version 1.0 was done in the year 2002..NET Framework 1.0 contained the first version of the CLR and the first version of the base class libraries.
The main features are
- Common Language run time(CLR) 1.0.
- The new language C# got introduced.
- An upgraded VB6 version for .NET,VB.NET was introduced
- ADO upgraded to ADO.NET
- Classic ASP(Active Server Pages)version 3 got upgraded to ASP.NET,which can directly use normal programing languages like C#,VB.NET etc for server side coding instead of scripting langauages like VB Script.
- Introduced the WebServices
- Remoting, An alternate for Distributed Cmpoent Object Model(DCOM) got introduced.
- Integrated Development Environment(IDE) Visual Studio 2001 introduced with excellent features to improve developer efficiency.This is a common develoment platform for all .NET Languages.