6. August 2012 08:56
Microsoft released .NET Framework Version 1.1 in the year 2003..NET Framework version 1.1 extends the .NET Framework version 1.0 with new features and improvements in the existing features .You do not have to install previous version of the .NET Framework or the CLR before you install the latest version.Each version comes with the necessary components.
Extended Features Of .NET Framework 1.1
- Side-By-Side Execution (enables applications on a single computer to run against multiple versions of the CLR)
- ADO.NET Improvements ( Native Support for ODBC and Oracle Databases Communication , DataReader object exposes a HasRows property,EnlistDistributedTransaction method for connection object)
- Improved Web Services (Changes done to configuration, protocol, description, and discovery changes)
- Changes in .NET Framework Security (AllowPartiallyTrustedCallersAttribute,ASP.NET Security in Hosted Environments)
- IPv6(Internet Protocol Version 6) Support
- Improved Framework scalability and performance
- .NET Framework 1.1 incorporates the mobile controls and Visual Studio distributions also incorporates mobile controls.
- Along with V1.1 Microsoft released Visual Studio 2002 IDE with some improvements on its older Visual studio 2001.