Evolution of .NET Framework -.NET Framework Version 2.0
August 7, 2012 at 1:00 AM
In the year 2005 Microsoft came up with a highly improved version of .NET Framework 2.0.In .NET Framework 2.0 Microsoft introduced a new version of the CLR with additions to the base class libraries, including generics, generic collections, and significant additions to ASP.NET.
.NET Framework 2.0 Features and enhancements
- CLR 2.0 introduced with major change in old CLR 1.1
- C#.NET 2.0 with advanced features
- VB.NET 2.0 with advanced features
- Advanced ADO.NET 2.0
- ASP.NET 2.0
- ASP.NET AJAX(Asynchronous Javascrpt) got introduced
- Web Services Enhancements (WSE)
- Enhanced control on the behavior of the runtime with regards to multithreading, memory allocation,assembly loading with introduction of new APIs
- Full 64-bit support for both the x64 and the IA64 hardware platforms
- New personalization features for ASP.NET, such as support for themes, skins and web parts.
- .NET Micro Framework
- Along with .NET Framework Version 2.0, Microsoft released its IDE Visual Studio Version 2005 with many great features